8.16.2011

Challenge #18—You’ve Been Served

This week’s challenge is going to take on a different sort of character—more of an outside the norm type of thing.  And yes, it’s a little hard, but once you start thinking about it, you will smile!  (I think this one is good because it helps us to be more grateful, and reminds us to look for things to be grateful for, plus others will know that we are grateful for what we’ve received!)

This week’s challenge: "When did someone help you out unexpectedly?  How has that changed how you do certain things or your outlook?"

You can focus on just one thing that someone did for you, or many different times.  It can be something big like a midnight gas rescue or money in a pinch.  It can be something small like a friend calling you on a bad day, or a strange saying “hi” to you when you needed it!  I’m sure the more you think about it, the more you’ll remember different scenarios!

Like always, you can complete this challenge however you want!  Make a list, write a journal entry, post a blog entry, scrapbook it, or talk about it on a video!  However you want to do it! 

----------
What Kim did:

(This is the post she did on her blog:)

The summer before my freshman year of high school I was working really hard to make the high school soccer team--I really wanted to make the varsity team, even though I knew the chances weren't very likely. I went early to the summer pre-practices every day and stayed late every day. Everyone talked about how the coach was really tough and demanded everything out of you. A lot of the older team members recommended going to a region summer soccer camp that the coach would be at; that would give her a chance to watch me play. I really wanted to go to the camp, but it was more than I could afford. I had worked really hard all summer with my paper routes and babysitting, but didn't have enough money. To my surprise, just a few days before the camp, the coach pulled me aside and asked me why I wasn't registered for the camp. I was a little embarrassed and told her I couldn't afford it; she told me not to worry about it and that someone else had already paid for me to go. I remember feeling so overjoyed when I found out I was going to go to the camp. That person helped me reach my goals of making the varsity soccer team and I will be forever thankful.


Someday-- when I have funds to do so, I hope I can help people out financially as well. Money is something that lots of people will struggle with sometime in their life and I hope that I can help others feel that joy that I felt when I found out I could go to that camp.

----------
What I did:

I made a simple scrapbook layout of the ways my friends, family and neighbors helped me and my family when the twins were born.  The help was very much appreciated, and very unexpected!  I thought I could do it on my own, but really, I couldn’t!  I will be forever grateful for all who helped me!  It was one of the times that I realized that I could do more to help others as well!

baby boy x 2i

All paper and elements by Crystal Wilkerson.  Fonts: Smiley Monster, Century Gothic

Now I challenge you to think of when someone helped you and record it!  You’ll be glad you did! Smile

No comments: